July 31, 2015
Riverside Center, Bastrop, Texas
10:00am Mickey Reynolds welcomed everyone and called the business meeting to order.
- Minutes from 2014 Annual meeting presented for approval.
- Motion to Approve – Marilee Pfannstiel
- Seconded by – Monica Martin
- All were in favor by an “aye”
- Treasurer’s Report given by Marilee Pfannstiel
- $20,000 roughly in the bank, $100,000 expected from TDEM. This will be a “passthrough” to the contractor. $50,000 dues from Members
- 66 Communities/Entities are members – 10 have not paid dues
- Expected end balance – roughly $25,000
- Motion to Accept – Marsha Hardy
- Seconded by – Joe Mosier
- All were in favor
- Mickey presented the slate of officers for approval
- Clara Beckett – Chair; Wayne Boultinghouse – Vice Chair; Ron Wilson –Secretary; Marilee Pfannstiel – Treasurer; Directors – Monica Martin, JoeMosier, Cristy Vaught and Jarred Thomas
- Motion to accept the slate as presented was made by Jodie Kelly
- Motion to Second – Marsha Hardy
- Slate of officers was approved for 2015 – 2017 term
- Mickey announced the retirement of Vicki Box. A gift was provided for Vicki who was not in attendance to accept. Ron Smith, Chair, was also stepping off the board. A plaquewas presented to him for his service on the board.
- Mickey gave an update on the HMGP progress. It has been a busy year with all the plansmoving toward completion.
- Members in attendance discussed several aspects of this program
- The Emergency Manager of the Year was awarded to Jarred Thomas
- Cindy Engelhardt, Halff Associates – Mapping Updates
- Johana Cantrell, SHMO, TDEM – Discussed how TDEM is working with TCRFC and Grant opportunities.
- Kevin Shunk, City of Austin – Reported on the Austin Flood
12:00-1:00 pm Break for Lunch
- Bob Rose, Meteorologist, LCRA – Gave weather predictions for the rest of 2015
- Questions and Discussion – Wes Birdwell
2:30 pm Meeting was adjourned